Jun 1, 2009

Oh. My. Lord.

How long has it been my friends? A year? Two? It certainly feels like it. Or is that just me?


To me it feels like when you were back in the 10th grade and you missed a week of school because you had strep-throat and when you finally get back to school after a whole week you know absolutely NOTHING about what your buddies are talking about at the cafeteria table. It's a lonely feeling. Or is that just me?


I am so happy to be back with you all. Make no mistake about it, my computer is still jacked up. I have a virus that I apparently received by email and I'm not naming any names but I really wish the sweet lady who gave birth to my mother and sends me $20 on my birthday every year would quit forwarding me stuff she finds on the internet. That's all I'm sayin'. But again, I'm not naming any names.


So anywhoo I have this virus and it won't let me do anything at all that has to do with Blogger. I have been reading y'alls blogs this week and it won't let me leave comments or create new posts. It won't let me contact them through their website. Nada. Believe me, I could take this personally. But I'm more mature than that. So I've just decided to sit idly by until Blogger contacts me and tells me that they have missed hearing from me and want to make sure I'm happy with their service and if there is anything they can do to facilitate me. And if that doesn't happen then I will probably bury myself in some Blue Bell and lie under the covers for three days. But like I said...I'm pretty mature.


But oh the stuff I have to tell you all.


Like...


The Bachelorette. I want to talk about it. I must talk about it. I have to talk about it. So I am going to need for you all to watch this show and then discuss it with me on a weekly basis. Give me your word on this, 'k?


Or the fact that I never even got to talk to you all about Kris Allen winning AI. Can you believe it? I was so dedicated to posting and then just before the finale - KAPOW! - my computer closes for business. Oh my gosh, I just realized something. Maybe it was Adam Lambert who had my computer taken over by a virus. Or maybe it was that devil possessed KISS group he was singing with. Oh, I kid. They're not demon possessed. Although don't think my youth pastors growing up didn't try to make us think they were by playing their songs backward and hearing them say "We have sex and drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes while talking about the devil and all the stuff that rhymes with devil."


Or the new show I'm obsessed with on A&E aptly named, Obsessed.


Or the day I slipped in the shower.


Or Remi's third birthday extravaganza in Chattanooga with the entire family. At one point during the weekend I slept in the van for 2 hours just to avoid hiking.


Did anyone watch the episode of Glee that premiered after American Idol? I will be discussing this later on this week due to the fact that I loved it so much and the lead actress was me all during high school (with the exception that I'm blond and she's not.) Oh yes, she's that obnoxious.


The hot sandwich I ate off the pavement. Long story. Okay, short story.


Berry picking. Yes, y'all. I went berry picking. Which means the Lord is probably coming back very shortly.


Rocco. Just because it's Rocco and he's adorable and I'm deeply passionately in love. 'Nuff said.


Okay, so see? We have so much to catch up on. And I shall be doing just that. Later this week. I'm so happy to be back. Even though I'm having to use the AG's computer and he's glaring at me across the room. (FYI: I'm not scared of him. At all.)


So until we meet again...


Oh, and by the way...I won't be discussing the day I slipped in the shower.


Or the hot sandwich.


Goodbye.

16 comments:

Candice said...

Soooooo glad you're back!! (And you have to tell us about slipping in the shower)

Melissa said...

You can email me privately to share the shower mishap....thank you very much.

Glad you're back.

Tyanne said...

My days have been incomplete without my daily dose of Stretch Marks, glad to have to you back.

Melinda said...

Glad you're back! I am also a tech-challenged blogger, so I feel your considerable pain. I'm convinced I was born in the wrong era.

www.parentingconfessions.com

Anonymous said...

oh, how i have missed you! i think we should become best buddies forever. you are the funniest girl ever. you make me laugh until i wet my pants. and cry tears of joy and sadness. welcome back! thank the attorney general for me!

jamie

Amy said...

Oh how I missed you! I too love the shows you love! Can't wait to talk about Jillian! She HAS to pick the pilot from Texas!!!!!!! Talk about it tomorrow??

Lynda said...

I am so glad you're back!

Sissy said...

I have missed you muchly! The Bachelorette is quite dramatic this round, huh? I mean, a foot fetish and a Rock lookalike in the same group? Wow. Can't wait to hear your theories.

Tonya said...

Welcome back...you have been greatly missed!

I am a Bachelor/Bachelorette junkie so please chat it up. In fact it is the ONLY show that I will not miss an episode of. I am kind of embarrassed to say that.

Good luck fighting the AG for computer time.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

missed you! can't wait to hear more.

G.B. said...

I have been checking my blog roll daily to see if you have posted...so needless to say I was stoked today to see you had an update:) So glad you are back!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Missed you!! Don't you dare try to skip out on telling us about the shower slip or the pavement sandwich - you owe us - start typing.

Givinya De Elba said...

Wh - wha - what happened in the shower? Do a post about it and I promise I won't tell a soul.

Glad you're back.

Shonya said...

Welcome back! You don't know me, but I sure missed you! :)

Soliloquy said...

Melissa. You are a tease.

Hot sandwiches and the shower??

DO TELL.

chasity said...

I have to comment on Obsessed on A&E! OMG and I hate using that term but that is the only thing I can think of to use! OMG! That show really makes my cookie dough and Mexican food obsession seem like small fries! I had to turn it off for fear I would develope some sort of anxiety disorder of my own!!Just thinking about those people that have to fight that everyday is something I would not wish on anyone. But really.... reading about someone being stabbed makes you think about doing it constantly???? That was one brave therapist!!!