May 6, 2008

Seven white women. Ten good reasons.

I PASSED SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY! I DID IT, I PASSED!

Please know that I am not suggesting that I am the smartest person out there writing a blog. No, I am not. I am literally stating the fact that I am, indeed, the smartest person out there writing a blog.

Just the facts, mam. Just the facts.

But on to more serious news. Here's what seven white women look like when they go to the beach in a mini-van. Carrie Bradshaw, we are not.

But oh, we had a good time. And so here are my...

TOP 10 REASONS WHY SEVEN WOMEN WHO TRAVEL TO THE BEACH TOGETHER HAVE MORE FUN, THAN SAY, SEVEN MEN WHO TRAVEL TO THE BEACH TOGETHER.


10. We drove down in a mini-van. A mini-van, ya'll!! We didn't try to load up in a Bronco or a Camaro. And when we closed those mini-van doors we looked past sippy cup stains, muddy kleets and old Kleenex. We're moms now. We-get-it.

9. We took a cookie cake. On a seven hour drive. A $40 cookie cake. With enough icing to cover a float in the Rose parade. And it was gone before we even got to the beach. I kid you not.


8. When we had filled up on raw cookie dough 30 minutes before Mexican food - we simply split a meal. Have two men ever done that?

7. Would seven men all crawl up in the same bed and massage each other's feet? We did.

6. Assuming that "surely someone else would bring one" only one woman out of seven brought a hair dryer. Men would shrug it off and go on. But not us! It took us seven solid hours to get ready to go anywhere due to passing it around.


5. No one made a comment to any of the other's as to how they looked in a swimsuit. No one. Not a word. Nope. Compliments only. That's the (unspoken) rule.

4. For seven hours solid down I65S and for seven hours solid down I65N we discussed our husbands, American Idol, our hair, favorite books, Grey's Anatomy, each other's hair, our kids, our weight, and why in the world no one is consulting us on how to make things better in this world in which we live.

3. We each came home with a souvenir. Six of us brought home new purses. One brought home a nose-ring.


2. When we pulled into the driveway to drop the first one of us off we told each other how special the weekend was. And how much we loved each other. And meant it.


1. When we laughed so hard we peed it didn't freak us out. Nor surprise us.