Apr 3, 2008

Fried Chicken and Julio. Mmm, mmm, good.

So today I worked hard. Really hard. So hard that all I want to do is lay in bed and complain about how hard I worked today.

So my friend came over today and worked my fat fingers to the bone. And that's a whole lot of work! My kitchen is in top running, effective order. All my pots and pans are stacked and my spices are arranged and my pantry is organized. You may think...that sounds pretty simple to do, Melissa, you can't do that on your own? No.

In fact, let's put it this way...when she began cleaning out one of my kitchen cabinets she found 8 cans of green beans, about 14 cans of soup (which we never eat), a rose scented candle, about 60 random Kleenex, some empty bags from Publix, some Rotel, a colon cleansing system and a book on adoption. Those are the things I keep in a kitchen cabinet.

And the "fellowship hall" closet is actually HUGE! Who knew??

Oh, and in case your wondering where the recipes have been. Here's the deal. Last night was Wednesday night. Wednesday night is church night and I don't cook on Wednesday nights. I barely have time to eat on Wednesday nights. So we do leftovers. Or Taco Bell. Last night we did leftovers. So thank you again to Kristen's Chicken Pot Pie and Ashley's Taco Ring. It didn't earn you any more gavels the second go round, though. So don't get your hopes up.

Then tonight...well, I'm an addict. Let's just say that. After a long day of working around the house and my sweet AG having a really hard day at work I felt we needed to celebrate. And nothing says "celebrate" to me quite like fried chicken. So fry it up, I did! And oh ya'll....it was goooooood.

I'm sorry, I'm not bailing on the recipe challange - honest I'm not. I just needed something to make me feel a bit of comfort tonight. And don't think I didn't search this house high and low for some Reese's that I might have hid, but chances are Miss Organization threw them away without asking. I hate her.

I suppose before I sign off for the night I should address the sweet lady who emailed me totally offended that I called Julio Iglesias an easy, cheezy, Mexican. She is a huge fan of his and was upset that I had referred to him as a Mexican when he was born in Galatia, but raised in Madrid. She also wanted me to know that is he neither easy nor cheesy and sent me a link where I could watch him host a television show from Spain in the 1970's. And so it is time that I address the comments I made and make sure she is alright.

But I won't.

Good night my lovelies.

Someone please call and check on me tomorrow. If I am in this mood again then I am going to try and slide up under my bed and find those lost Reese's. And if I get stuck...

No comments: