Feb 14, 2008

L.O. L.O. L.O. L.O.V.E.

Well, it's Valentine's Day. So here's a tribute to all the things that make this "Day of Love" even more special to me.

1. David, I love you because...you are the best man I've ever known. And you always smell wonderful.

2. Remi, I love you because...you are everything I never knew I always wanted. And more.

3. Girls, I love you because...you are everything in Tennessee that I thought I had left back in Texas. Family.

4. Mom, I love you because...you're you. And someday I will write a book about you and me and our relationship and I will become a zillionaire because no one, I repeat, no one, has a mother quite like you. Thank you for being honest enough to tell me in 8th grade that I shouldn't try out for cheerleader becuase I couldn't get off the ground when I tried to jump.

5. Dad, I love you because...you have created the most warm, loving, hilarious, giving, faithful, loyal, comfortable home in the whole world. I love being there. And because you once said you will pay for my dinner until I am no longer your baby and you are no longer my dad. (Considering how much I can put away, I bet you wish you could rephrase that, huh?)

6. Mallory, I love you because...you are the best baby sitter I have ever seen in my life. And because Remi adores you. And because you are a really, really, really GOOD girl.

7. Great American Cookie Co., I love you because...if I were to make a "dinky doozie" at home people would just think I was sick and needed to seek professional help. But if I go to your store and buy one, then I am just as normal as, say, Kelli Hankins. Not to mention your cookie cakes have provided endless hours of some of the best "girl talk" known to man.

8. Golden Girls, I love you because...you have known me longer than any friend I have. And you still love me. Through acne, the New Kids on the Block, Shawn Penn and Honda Preludes, you loved me. And I love ya'll.

9. Paula Deen, I love you because...anyone that makes a dish with 3 pounds of butter and 2 cups of mayo should be able to stick their own finger in it and lick it. Thank you for making the very thing I always got in trouble for when I was growing up, popular. And for putting it on TV.

10. To all the good books out there, I love you because...you are my favorite pastime. I buy you whenever I have a spare dime and still it's not enough.

11. To Hairstyle Magazine, I love you becuase...you provide me with endless hours of enjoyment. When I buy you I look at you over and over and over again. I think of different things to do with my hair but cut out pictures and alert my friends as to what they should do with their hair. This has proven to make me quite unpopular. But if people would listen to me the world would be a better place.

12. J.J. Abrams, I love you because...three years ago when I first saw a commercial for your new show I told my husband about it and he just laughed and said "just how far can they go with people who have crashed onto an island." Who's laughing now? I don't know what you're up to, but I'm in it for the long haul. Like my dad once said, "I don't know where we are, but we're making great time."

13. Chik-fil-A, I love you because...your breasts are white and crumbly and moist. Uh...this is awkward. I just love you, okay?

14. Chip, I love you because...you let me sing solos all the time. Even though I drive you nuts and you wish you could throw me overboard half the time. But you understand that apart from singing I really can't do a whole lot. I'm not organized or patient. I'm not good with kids or the elderly. I'm partially colorblind so I can't decorate. And nothing I bake every stands up. I forget everyone's birthday and I'm late on almost every homework assignment I ever turn in to school. But I can sing. And I love it. I adore it. And when I do it I feel the most proud of anything I ever do. So thank you for continuing to hand me the mic.

15. Las Palmas, I love you because...your chimichangas are to die for. And sometimes I "accidentally" forget to say "chimichange 1" which means that you automatically bring me "chimichanga 2". TWO chimichangas!! And then I just look at David like "uh oh, they messed up my order and gave me too much." But I think he's figured us out.

16. Winnie the Pooh, I love you because...I watch you all the time and and I love how sweet you are and how all of your friends are sweet. And how Remi's eyes light up when she sees you. And how for the one hour that you are on our TV the worst language we have to worry about is "Oh, bother." And she learns how to share and care and give and help. And I wish that everyone was as sweet in this world as you all are. And that Remi didn't ever have to learn any difference.

17. Three's Company, I love you becase...whenever I watch you on TVLand I still laugh like I was 13 all over again. I love, love, love you.

18. Costco, I love you because...you are the most wonderful waste of money and time that I have ever found. I never go into town without visiting you and I never regret it. You have provided me with everything from dvd players to Christmas gifts to shrimp. And everything in between.

19. Round tables, I love you because...you are ingenius. And no one ever feels left out.

20. Big Sexy Hair, I love you becasue...until you came along no one had the audacity to name something exactly what they desired. I deisre Big Sexy Hair so I buy you. I would also buy anything named Skinny Tanned Butt or Sexy Chocolate Love if I was so inclined. Ya know what? There probably is something named Sexy Chocolate Love so personally I think we should move on...

Well, there you have it.
20 Persons / Places / Things I am kicking my shout's out to on this Valentine's Day.

So what do you love?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

1. Scott, Bailey, Andy, and Ben, I love them because each brings something different to my life in a crazy and wonderful way.

2. Mrs. Horn, ben's teacher, I love her because she loved Ben before we found out he was ADHD and loves him even more now.

3. My family, all of them, I love them because they put the "fun" in dys"fun"ctional.

4. You Melissa, I love you because even though you don't return my phone calls or emails or include me in the top 20 things you love; I know that you do and I love you for that. :)

Happy Valentines Day!!