Nov 30, 2007

Sorry I'm Late.

If you're wondering where I've been (which I'm guessing all three of you really haven't cared that much) my Blogger spot decided my sign in name and password were no longer usable. What's up with that?? Anyway, after much hassle I am back on track. So here goes...

I NEED HELP!!




Now I'm calling on you people to email me back just as quickly as you can with some really good advice (melradke@charter.net). Okay, here it is.





Fran and Ester are going to Georgia to entertain some sweet Southern women over some iced tea and peach cobbler. They want to be entertained no doubt; problem is....Ester just finished her finals (yeah, didn't you know Ester was in school?) and she is brain dead. So here's the predicament.


Ester is supposedly going to be buying something for Christmas for her best friend, Frannie. Ester, of course, is legendary for buying only in bulk. What could Ester buy Frannie that is funny? And that will have these Southern women wiping their foreheads with white hankies and lace doilies?


I am at a loss. I mean it, I thought buying Apirin in bulk was funny. But my Granny actually does that and I don't wnat to offend her. I considered by Frannie some pregnancy tests in bulk and then maybe some Estraven, but that seems like a total conflict of issues there. So, what is a good Jersey girl supposed to do? And if the idea of "bulk" is too hard - ditch it - just give me something. Come on, we can do it. We just have to think. Think of every ridiculous gift you ever got from your husband, your mother, your mother-in-law or your 3rd grade Sunday School teacher. Throw something at me and we'll just see if it sticks.

Okay, shoot!

5 comments:

Shawn said...

Easy. Just buy all the half priced manger scenes and mix-matched Baby Jesuses. Are Fran and Ester Messianic Jews?

All roads really do lead back to great Steel Magnolia lines.

Lisa said...

Or you could buy all of the dented and label-less cans in left in the store after Thanksgiving in the reduced for quick sale basket at the front of the store. You know, because every meal would then be like a surprise. Is it beans? or is it potted meat? Or there is always fruitcake....

Ashley said...

HMMMM... I won't reveal her name but a friend of mine once received from her hubby as a gift one of those "As seen on TV" Window Magician cleaning wands... I bet they come in bulk or at least with a FREE vegetable scrub brush.

PS... I know it is too late now, but had to contribute!

annakate elizabeth davis said...

oh yeah, i want to see a recent pic of miss remi hope so upload one or email me

Lynn said...

Y'all did a great job here in Georgia! I especially enjoyed having you at my table Tuesday. I hope the video turn out okay. I've got pictures of some of the tables in my blog. http://blog.thehandcraftedwedding.com