Nov 6, 2007

Dear Blog Stalker,

I know you're out there. You think that I don't see you, but I do. You hide whenever "blogs" are mentioned; as if you don't' read them.
As if you know nothing about them.
As if the whole blogosphere is simply over your head.
HA!
You know exactly who you are and exactly what you are doing.

You use words like "lurking" or "peek." You say little comments like, "Oh, I forgot you had a blog. I'll have to check that out." Or my favorite, "What in the world is a blog?"
But you know what a blog is.
We all know what a blog is!
So quit hiding.
No - blogging is not necessarily the coolest thing in the world.
No - blogging will not get you any fame or fortune.
And no - blogging will not win you any contests.
But does it have to? I mean, can't we just have one thing that we do with pride that won't get us on YouTube? For Pete's Sake...

So all of you who blog, stand up proudly.
And for those of you who simply "lurk" at my blog without leaving a post....
leave a post. I know who you are. And the whole, "I can't get it to work..." thang just ain't gonna cut it anymore. Uh, huh. You know who you are.

P.S. I once saw a hat that said "Are you stalking me? God, I hope so." That hat is me in a nutshell and I should have bought it then and there.
If you see one like it - let me know.

5 comments:

Nicole @ Four Real said...

I will finally leave a comment! I hate when people don't leave comments on mine too! Nothing like guilting me in to it! :) And there is NOTHING better than the OFFICE!

tyler j. said...

comment.

Ashley said...

I am not a stalker... I commented before. Have you watched it yet?

Keep it up... I really enjoy a glimpse into your world.

Teresa said...

I'm here but I figured you already knew that. I have lots of blog stalkers too and I understand your frustration. In fact, aren't you one of them? Hmmmmmmm. :)

randi said...

Can you really tell if people are just looking?????