Aug 25, 2009

Sunrise Shmunrise.

If you think I'm about to break out into the chorus of Sunrise / Sunset you'd be right.

Okay, you'd be wrong.

Oh that reminds me of when my aunt (Hey Mel! Smile! You're on the internet!) had her daddy sing Sunrise / Sunset at her wedding because apparently he always reminded her of Tevya, the lead character in Fiddler on the Roof, who was the father of four girls and also a Jewish fiddler. Which seemed odd to me because my grandfather was neither the father of four girls nor a Jewish fiddler. Though he did have two girls and was a Pentecostal Southern gospel singer. But then again, she got married in the 80's and I'm pretty sure they did all sorts of bizarre things wwaaaaayyyy back then.

But I digress.

So although I'm not going to break out into some sappy song about children growing up, and I'm not going to play some video montage to the tune of Water-Color Ponies, I am going to show you all a picture of my daughter on her first day of school.

Why?

Because look at her. Wouldn't you want to post something that cute on your blog?








Please know that although I am not the fashion moniker you probably think I am (insert belly laugh here) I did not pick out the red, white and blue. She is now attending a school that believes in uniforms! Hallelujah and thank you, Jesus! We are also hoping they believe in corporal punishment and rulers on knuckles, for both of these things will probably be necessary for our little pistol.


Here she is with her teacher who was introduced to her a mere 1 1/2 seconds before this picture was taken. And here is what is being said...

Remi: Hi! My name is Remi Hope Radke and this is Momma Hope Radke and this is Daddy Hope Radke and my brother is Rocco Cooper Rocco but he is not here because he is with my Nonie and he is taking a nap and do you have a slide and is it inside or outside and do you have a bed because I am not tired and this is my backpack and it has my name on it and do you know who these other kids are and do you have any play dough and I use the potty and when I do I like to wash my hands but don't try to help me I can do it all by myself so where is the slide?

Teacher: Uhhh....

Me: Well, see ya sucker...I mean, teacher!!

I read somewhere the other day that you are either a School-Time Mom or a Summer-Time Mom. I'll bet you a VHS copy of Fiddler on the Roof and a wedding picture from my aunt's wedding you can't guess which one I am.

6 comments:

Ginger said...

From the picture is clear that the teacher has figured out just how to respond to her little drama queens. ;)

And for the record, "Fiddler on the Roof" is the absolute best musical of all time.

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

So cute! And I love the red shoes!! My middle son starts kindergarten in Sept and I know he will be talking his teachers ear off....just like your beautiful daughter :-)

Hillary said...

way too cute!!!

my guess is school time mom.. like me :) but yesterday my 1st grader (a 4th child) would NOT STOP TALKING! my husband and I were so exhausted fro her talking we had to put her to bed a little bit early :)

just think, she'll have sooo much more to talk about, now!! enjoy!

Lynda said...

She is just plain ADORABLE!

Sissy said...

Love it, love it so much. Fun. The little ones are always full of words.

teri from Indiana said...

I have tow favorite vehicles.....the yellow school bus & in the winter, the yellow state highway truck with a plow on the front of it.