Jul 1, 2008

The View From Where I Stand.

Dear lovelies,

My mom told me to call y'all that. I don't get it.

Well, I am here to today to write a little from my perspective. Granted, I'm not as tall. I can't say all my A,B,C's in order. And I refuse to submit to your poop demands just so I can have one measly piece of chocolate. (One M&M? Give me a break. Would you do it for one M&M? My mom sure wouldn't.) But I am here people. And I'm taking notes.

So here's what's been going on from my perspective. Let's begin with the "infamous day at the zoo." I say infamous because you would have thought we were headed to the Taj Mahal or something...they all kept saying things like, "Ohhhhh Remi, we're going to the zoo. It's gonna be so fun. Your going to love it! If you want to go you should try to potty on the big potty."

Uhhhh...it was a zoo.



So here we are at our first stop. The Train. The Z&OO Railroad. I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings, but as you can tell by this picture if you are over the age of 13 you are faaaaarrrr more excited to be on this ride than if you are under the age of 13.



To be perfectly honest, mom was just a little too thrilled about the whole train experience and she was kinda crampin' my style. So I decided to sit with Nonie. Who, I have to admit, was just happy that I had chosen to sit with her. I could have jumped off the train in the middle of the ride and she would have just kept smiling that I had even chosen to ride with her. But it makes her happy...so I do it.

So here's a weird thing. At this zoo these peacots - yes, I said peacots - just roam free. That is not at all like our Nashville zoo where you have to stand 8 1/2 miles away from all animals. Not here. Things just walk around. I mean, not Kimoda dragons or anything, just peacots and some cockadoodledoo's.

Oh, and it only cost $22 for all 5 of us to get into the zoo. Not like back home where it cost my dad so much money he complained that he should be able to "take home a Meerkat for free." I remember my mom told him, "Oooohhhh big spender, I love it when you talk like that." They are so weird.


Not much to say about this one. This just seems to be one of those inevitable pictures all parents make us take. The one where they say, "Oh look, Remi. You love lions. Don'tcha? Don'tcha? Don'tcha? Get on the lion. Get on the lion. Get on the lion. Now smile. Now smile. Now smile."



Yeah, it was fun. I mean, I'm not gonna quit wearing diapers over it or anything, but I did have a good time. Although as you can tell by this picture I am just plum give out. My Granny rode in a wheelchair the whole time! And I have to be honest, just seeing my Nonie push her around the zoo was worth the price of admission. Or at least that's what I heard my mom say to Mallory and my cousin, Michelle. They seemed to agree.

Oh, and see that souvenir cup? Yeah, it's full of Dr. Pepper. Because I am really tired of the stuff my mom makes me drink like Apple Juice and 2% milk. I prefer the hard stuff. Now, I'm not givin' up my sources. No way. I'll never tell who bought it for me. And by no means is it the wild eyed lady who can't seem to take her eyes off of me and is still beaming that I rode the Z&OO with her.

Nope. Not her.

Until next time, my lovelies. Keep bein' good to my mom. Cuz she keeps on bein' good to me.

Remi Hope

17 comments:

ugagirl30 said...

Glad it was fun for all! Remi is precious!

Trish said...

Oh yes, at our zoo the "peacots" run wild too. It is especially scary during mating season!!!

Oh good you like the "hard stuff" too. I'm a Dr. Pepper girl myself! If you can even believe it I only just discovered the drink about 3-4 years ago! I was sheltered:)

KimmyJ said...

Too precious!

Lula! said...

But did y'all see any mating meerkats?

Anonymous said...

I made the blog...I made the blog. Buddy would be jealous. LOL. Thanks for letting me share it with you all. Now tell them about Catfish King. ....

Love ya
Michelle

S Club Mama said...

Probably the funniest post I've ever read! And what's with the grandparents and pop? boy oh boy

My2Gs said...

Love the twitter "mama, mama, mama...." That sounds like my house. I actually twitter last night that I thought my little girl had a motor in her mouth because it goes 100 miles an hour. It's usually "mama, mama" ME: "Grace quit taking and eat." "But mama" and so on and so on! LOL :)

Staci said...

cute idea!!!

Swirl Girl said...

She sounds quite 'together' for a toddler.

How cute~

Shel said...

Awww tooo cute!!!

Rhea said...

Love hearing about the zoo from Remi's perspective! Adorable!!

hehe I make my children pose on stone animals for pictures too. Poor kids. The things I make them do for my blog. I made them go into a cornfield the other day...can you say trespassing?

Debz said...

Remi, it was so nice to "meet" you. Don't worry about a thing, we wont tell your mama where the Dr P came from. It'll be our little secret.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Sounds like a trip we made to the zoo this spring. Kids even sat on the stone animals for pictures and we ooohed over the peacoct that was strutting around like he owned the place.
Remi, it was so nice to read what you actually felt about the zoo. I will try to remember next time I take my grands there.

Finding Normal said...

We did the zoo last week. It cost us $35 for 2 adults and a 3 year old. The 1 year old was free. And $5 to park. Highway robbery, I tell ya!

Lisa said...

You are too funny. I hate the zoo so let Remi stay home with me next time. I promise not to give her Dr. Pepper.

Amy said...

Love the Remi version!

Anonymous said...

Remi, you'll have to make your mama bring you with her the next time she comes to St. Louis. Our zoo is one of the best in the nation and it's FREE!!!! And the peacots run wild too.