Jul 7, 2008

D-E-D-I-C-A-T-I-O-N

Okay, people. THIS is dedication.
Oh, yes, it is.

Cuz here I am...in all my glory.




We are finally home. Back in Nashville, Tennessee. Where you have the awesome chance of bumping into Amy Grant or Grandpa Jones from Hee Haw, at the local grocery store. Or standing in line at Fed Ex with Tim McGraw or that man from east Nashville who came up with the joke,
"How many rednecks does it take to eat a possum?
TWO!
One to eat it and one to watch for traffic."

We are sooooo proud.

Personally, I have bumped in to none of these, as luck would have it. Well, actually I was once babysitting little Eddie Grecco and I saw Tim McGraw at Kroger, but Eddie, in his 5 year old awesomeness blurted out, "Miss Lissa, why you starin' at that man?" Tim laughed. I peed. A quick exit was had by all.

Since then I've only run into Marty Stuart and Joe Diffy. Oh, and that guy from 4Hymn that sings really high.

It's an exciting town, alright.

Why am I saying all this? Oh, yes. I'm high.

So we made it back to Tennessee after a three hour drive to the airport. A two hour flight back into our fine state. And a 45 minute trip to our humble abode. All the while my head was throbbing, my sinus' were caving in, I couldn't breathe, oh! the pressure - oh! the pressure, and I honestly prayed to die. But, because I'm really really lucky - I didn't.

So I just wanted you all to know exactly what it is I look like as I am writing this post.

It might make you appreciate me a little bit more.

Did you hear what I just said?? Oh, Lordy, I AM TURNING INTO MY MOTHER. That is the same thing she said when we were all sitting around playing a game and started picking on her, and she said, "You know - y'all don't know how good you have it. Someday I'm gonna DIE just to prove to you all how good I really was. And you know what my tombstone will say? It will say - 'I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK!""

No, she's not dramatic at all.

So this is my Monday post friends. It ain't much. But it's something.

I would also like to say that I really really hope you will come back and visit me this week. I have something to talk to you about. And I'm not sure if I will discuss it Tuesday or Wednesday so you have to come back both of those days...okay? It's really important to me. Just do it for your new bloggy friend.

In the mean time have a great Monday and don't eat too much chicken.

Did I mention I was on cold medicine?

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. I've been on a plane before with a sinus infection...I thought my sinuses were going to climb out of my face like Alien and take on a life of their own. It sucks. Better to stay medicated.

Shel said...

Awww that is no fun at all :( Love the face mask though - what I wouldn't do for one with so much coverage :) :) Hope you get feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Perksofbeingme said...

Feel better soon! I know how horrible sinus infections can be.

I'm interested to see what you're going to write. I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that looks like some serious stuff. Where did you get that? My hubby has bad sinus infections and that looks like it may kill it dead. Hope you feel better soon! It would be too bad to have to run into someone famous with a face mask :)

Melisa S. said...

Ugh, sinus stuff sucks! ((HUGS)) Hope you start to feel better soon.

And for the record...I think we all eventually turn into our mother's somewhat. I fight the battle to not every day!

Deanna said...

Be honest... you really had a nose job!

Robin said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am from TN, and Dixon is the last name. Actually, I live in upper east TN in Sullivan Co. Go TN girls!! Do you have to have a prescription for that thing you are wearing? If not, I may need to check into getting one!! And yes, I am slowly seeing the morph of me into my mom. It's not very pretty.

Sissy said...

I have to tell you that we actually put that saying on my dad's tombstone. He was quite the joker and so we wanted to put that. The funeral guy didn't agree, so we put the first letter of each word, and now only our close family and friends knows that's what it means.

Thought you'd enjoy that!

Colleen said...

Feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Sorry you're sick. That's no fun at all.

You. Crack. Me. Up.

Jill said...

What is UP with the summer colds this year?! They're out of control! I hope you feel better soon!

Debz said...

i absolutely love the lone ranger look you got goin there.

hope you feel better

Lula! said...

You are so smokin' hot. Smoooookin', girl. I can hardly bear your sexiness.

Feel better...
And do not beg people to come back later in the week. Don't you know your faithful peeps (of which I am chief) stop by EVERY SINGLE DAY?

This is true love, my friend
p.s. The next picture you post needs to be of Remi wearing this thingamajig--'cause you know she's dying to put it on.

Deanna said...

OH! I have face thingamajig envy!! I want one of those! If for no other reason than to entice my husband into wearing it so I can take a picture!

Take a nap...or four...and eat some soup. Which by the way, I was totally taken aback when I realized that as an adult I have to make my OWN chicken soup because there's no mom living right down the hall to make it for me. Let's not even start the story about hubby and the mac n cheese. *shaking head*

Hope you're feeling better!

Amy said...

I hope you feel better soon. I have never seen that heating pad for the face before. Neat. My husband needs that! I dont have many sinus issues-thank the Lord. I will fo' sho' be back to see what you have to say!

AFRo said...

That IS dedication. I've never seen one of those things on your head before. What is it?

StitchinByTheLake said...

I feel your pain - really. Sinus infections were once quarterly events in my life. Allergy shots have helped and have you tried a Neti Pot? Sounds like something they'd use on an alien spaceship or something but it helps - it's a way to rinse out your sinuses. Sounds horrible but isn't so bad and you feel better after. Blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

OMG you have an awesome blog! I am laughing reading these posts, girl!!!

I am a new regular at Stretch marks!

Rhea said...

Goodness girl, you know how to be uber-mysterious. I'm sorry you're hurting...and that..contraption on your head...hmm...makes quite a fashion statement!! Hoope you feel better soon!

Kimberly said...

Talk about giggles!
Reading this cracked me right up! I'm sorry you are ill...get better soon!
I will be back to see what the mysterious topic is!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love your new facial accessories. Hope you get to feeling better.

sanctuaryseeker said...

WOW!! Awesome. Where did you get that thing? My honey knows his sinus' start making him feel like the under belly of a lizard. AND it is so sexy......
I love your blog and come by every day to see what wonderful things you have to say.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

I like the look of that thingy that you're wearing. I get a lot of sinus headaches, especially at the noment with all the smoke from the fires in CA !!

What is it called and where did you get it?

Hope you're feeling bette soon and I will be baaaaack :-)

BTW, thanks for your comments on my blog.

WheresMyAngels said...

Is that like a straight jacket for the face?

Swirl Girl said...

Even when yu think you have nothing to say - you say it so well.

trash said...

Errrrr..... Miz Melissa? Something blue has eaten your face. Are sure you can see to type?

Sunshine said...

How is it that you still look cute in that thing.

It's not flipping fair.

Feel better. :)

Merrie said...

My dream is to move to Brentwood, but a job first would make all the difference. Have you ever really run into Amy Grant in Nashville? How cool is that? She's been my fave singer since I was 10 and is the reason I started thinking about TN.