Jun 28, 2008

Saturday In Our House.

4 Things Remi has done in 4 days at Nonie and Poppie's...

1. Remember this car? Well, Remi took a ride in it. A long ride. Down the interstate. With no seatbealt. And no top. Sitting on Nonie's lap. To get chicken.

2. Remi fell head first into the pool without the wonder that are "arm floaties." As she threw a toy into the pool, she flipped right in. Head first. I was outside the pool when it happened. And let's just say - you have never seen a fat girl run so fast.

3. Remi discovered Coke. And mommy discovered it in her sippy cup. No one has yet to fess-up to serving a 2 year old, Coca-Cola.

4. Remi was found inside a plastic box. She had been placed there by her cousin, who had kindly thrown in a pillow and pink blanket - for her comfort and warmth. They are really good to her here.

May you all pray and fast until we arrive safely back home to Tennessee.

10 comments:

KimmyJ said...

Traveling mercies, my friend!

Todd Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Todd Wright said...

2-year old + Coca Cola = hours upon hours of pure terror.

Deanna said...

hmmmm...sugar in a sippy cup. Sounds like a story to me! Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

My mom gave Bella her first taste of coke~ much to my dismay. I guess that is the wonderful thing about going to grandma's house!!!

I left you something on my blog.

Have a blessed weekend,

Krista

Lisa said...

I would like to go on record as saying that Remi was only performing a "monkey see monkey do" move when she voluntarily climed into said plastic box. The cousin in question had made sure that it was a perfectly safe and sound move by placing himself in the foresaid box with the lid intact just moments beforehand. And in closing I would ask that the record show that Remi herself carried the blanket and pillow in with her at the time of the incident. Thank you.

Would the AG be proud? :)

Lula! said...

OK, quit messin' around and get yourself on up here. Bring Remi, bring the floaties, but leave the Coke behind...she can drink Caroline's. (Which she first got from her Nanna...NOT her Mommy.) And for the record--we're not all Britneyesque here in the country just 'cause we drive with our kids in our laps. It's just half a mile, and wouldn't they be so cute in the convertible? With no seatbelt?

I will pray for yo, and possibly fast as well, because after a week of "vacation eating," a whole darn lot has been "going down." Thankfully not at Walmart or P.F. Changs...

WheresMyAngels said...

You ain't ever watchin my kids.......unless they are bad!! lol

One- said...

I remember when the girls were little and they never cared about my drink. Until.....they get their first taste of soda, coffee, etc...I am sorry that you may never enjoy a drink again without backwash! Lol

Sissy said...

I don't think I had soda until I was about 8. My parents were major health foodies so we got juice and milk, and when they did introduce soda, it was 7Up. There was no carmel coloring until later!