May 4, 2008

Oops, I did it again.

Uh, oh. I've been lazy.

No posts since last Wednesday?? What's up with that, Melissa? You may be asking yourself.

Well, this past weekend was just another leg of what my husband likes to refer to as my "Worldwide Beach Tour." Yes, that's right. I was at the beach...again. But it's not what you think. Seriously.

I did not go away with my 3 girlfriends from Texas.
I went with my 6 girlfriends from Tennessee.

And I did not go to Florida.
I went to Gulf Shores, Alabama.

And I did not get any sun.
I got a lot of sun.


Oh, I'm a smarty.

But seriously, I am home now and back in rare form. Ready to post so many things that I have heard, seen and experienced these past few days that even you will get sick of hearing about it all. But until Kimberly gets those stinkin' pictures developed there really isn't much to show, or tell.

So I will now state the obvious...
CAROLE, YOU ARE OUR 2008 RECIPE CONTEST WINNER!!!
Yes, Carole. You. You there, with the Ritz crackers in your hand.
Put them down and claim your prize!

Through taco rings and loaves of meat, from chicken in casseroles to chicken in pies, it all comes back to you Carole. So step right up. I've got a little somethin' somethin' for ya. All you need to do is go over to that handy little button that says "Melissa I need a word with you" and click on it. Then send me an email letting me know your home address and I'm sending your gift out. Now, it ain't much - but it's more than you had when you sent in that recipe. And isn't that just the American way?

Several of you have asked me if the recipes are going to stop. Yes, they are. Eventually. But there are a few that are worth bringing up in a conversation and so I will leave you with one today. If your in the mood for Mexican, and if you aren't then please stop reading this blog right now and move on to someplace else, I'm not familiar with your kind. Personally, I could eat it thrice daily. (Yes, I said thrice.) So make your family something that's good, easy and cheezy. It's the right thing to do.

So until tomorrow, my lovelies, eat these enchiladas which may not have won my contest but did make the Attorney General clean his plate to such an extent that I didn't have to rinse it off, I just got to put it right straight into the dishwasher. Is that gross?

And stay tuned for pictures of the third leg of my "Worldwide Beach Tour". With 6 very lovely, very rowdy, very (well, for lack of a better word) white women who made my sides hurt and made me glad I ever gave that Baptist church a fighting chance.

Tah, tah.

White Enchiladas:

2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup picante sauce(8)
6" tortillas
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz sour cream
1/4 cup milk
(1) 4.5 oz can chopped green chilies
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine shredded chicken and picante sauce and spoon down the center of tortillas in casserole dish. Mix together soup, sour cream, milk and green chilies and pour over tortillas. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes - adding the cheese for the last 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips. (Can serve salad, rice, beans...pico de gallo!)

No comments: