Apr 1, 2008

The Last Time I Talked to My Mother...

Ch-ch-ch-changes.

So, what do you think of my new look? I really like it. And it's not just because every time I pull it up I get to see a picture of myself. Honest.

I can't thank Misty enough for all of her hard work. She really went into a little "overtime" on this one. And it's not because I'm demanding and a bit of a diva to work with. Honest.

But if you know me at all then you know I needed a new look. That blog was old, tired. I needed something fresh, exciting, inviting, relevant. I personally believe a woman should change her blog like she changes her hair. Which means I'll be blond by next Tuesday and this entire thing will change again once I give in to the slightest shift in hormones.

Anyhoo...

So I call my mother the other day to give her a Remi story. This is what is required when grandparents live 12 hours away (which I am getting kind of sick of, by the way. I would like them here. Now. Funny, the AG holds a different position on this subject.) So anyway I have to call Texas to let them know the latest Remi story - and it really is funny, indeed - when my mom sweetly informs me that she watched the latest Dateline exclusive on the two girls who were mistakenly identified. You know the story? Goodness I hope so, cause there is not enough space here to try and explain it.

She proceeds to tell me the story in its entirety although I think I told her, "Mom, I watched it" four or five different times.

"So the girl they thought was dead..."

"Mom, I watched it."

"She wasn't dead at all, even though they had held her funeral."

"I know mom, I watched it."

"Do know what she said when Matt Lauer asked her about..."

"Yep I do - cause I watched it."


"I wish you could have seen how sweet these two families were. That is how Christians are supposed to do their business."

"I agree. Cause I watched it."

Considering that getting mistaken for someone else, being cared for night and day by a family I've never laid eyes on, later being discovered to be alive as opposed to dead, and then watching my actual funeral on video is, in fact, one of my biggest fears, I was relieved to hear her say.
Oh yes, here it comes. Wait for it. Wait for it.

"I just want you to know that could never happen to you."

"What?"

"That would just never happen to you. I would never get you confused with someone else. You don't have to worry about that. BECAUSE I KNOW EVERY INCH OF YOUR BODY."

Yep, we all just put down our forks on that one. Didn't we?

5 comments:

Shawn said...

It really does look nice!

Ashley said...

I love it... it is just perfect!

Big Nanny said...

Thank you for the updated decor. Very cute. I haven't scrapbooked in over a year so you can trust me now.

Tonya Lee said...

The new style is very you! I'm jealous, though I don't change my hair color for fun but because I'm not ready to be solid grey at 32, I'd still love to change my blog!

Anonymous said...

what's that supposed to mean on number 5??? Ya know the one about
Granny sending you the note?
Your mom