Apr 18, 2008

Heaven's sounding sweeter all the time.

I heard the most beautiful sound in the world today.

I heard Remi say "Lisha." That's 2 year old talk for "Elisha."

I had never heard her say that name, ever. But she walked up to a picture today and looked at it, then looked at me and said, "Lisha. Mommy and Lisha." I said, "That's right, Rem, that's Elisha. He's your brother."

And then we both kind of stared at each other for a moment. She stared at me because she doesn't get the concept of brother and how in the world do I begin to explain that anyway? And I stared at her because I needed to hear someone say his name today. I needed to hear it very much. And so she said it. And it sounded like heaven to me.

And now it's 9pm on a Friday night and I'm headed to bed.
Because this day is not going to get any sweeter than that.

1 comment:

Nickie said...

I am so proud of you.