Mar 22, 2008

Good Friday. Great Saturday. Blessed Sunday.

Friday was good. Literally.

The Attorney General and I headed out with our little monkey to the zoo. There was beautiful weather and ice cream and laughter. There was awe and wonder as monkeys swung from branches, lions yawned and billy goats sunbathed. She loved every minute of it. And I loved spending the day with them. Later, the AG took me to a movie and bought me an ICEE!! (I'm easy to please) The three of us ended the day curled up on the couch flipping channels. Why is it that when you do absolutely nothing with the people you love the absolute most it's the absolute best?

Saturday started off with daddy taking Remi on a pancake date and letting mommy sleep in and order things off of the 24 hour infomercial channel. Soon it was filled with Easter eggs and Easter egg hunting. Remi has never gone to an Easter egg hunt before - but she handled it like a veteran. There was nothing, or no one, gonna come between her and the brightly colored thing that may or may not be holding something sweet and gummy inside of it. Fortunately for Dr. Robinette (our family dentist) every egg held something inside of it that she has all but trembled over. (And may I just send a personal "shout out" to whoever decided to fill their eggs with Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Thank you and God bless.) After she played hard with Gracie and fell out for her nap - I mowed the yard. I repeat, I mowed the yard. And why did I mow the yard? And why did I take her to an Easter Egg hunt all by my lonesome? So the AG could attend a race. A NASCAR race. That's right, he went off with some buddies (because he is precious and adorable and deserves a day where he has to do nothing but eat hot dogs and watch cars go 'round and 'round.) Therefore, I handled things on the homefront. What can I say? I am woman - hear me roar.
We are ending the day with some grilling and a movie. And by 8:15 tonight our house will be nice and quiet. I will be alone on the couch with the AG and all will be right with the world again. And as I think back on my day I will remember it being beautiful and memorable. And I will feel blessed.

But Sunday is a comin'!!
My favorite Sunday of the whole year.
I love the Lord every day of the year. But I regretfully admit that I don't appreciate Him every day of the year. I forget. I forget what He did. Why He did it. That it was ME He did it for. But on this Sunday, this Easter Sunday, I am reminded. And when I think of it I am most assuredly humbled. And I repent of my self-centeredness, my disrespect and lack of appreciation. And so tomorrow as I sing "Jesus your name is power, breath and living water, such a marvelous mystery" I will sing it out with every last breath that I can muster. And as I close my eyes and think about His name, about His goodness and love, about His power, about His death and resurrection, I will cry. And I will be reminded that no day - however wonderful - would be possible without the sacrifice He made. And I will bow in wonder at the thought of the words...

"Why do you seek the living among the dead?
He is not here.
He has risen."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for leading me in worship of my Risen Savior this morning!!! A beautiful morning ~

And that darlin' blossom is just precious ~ love those hot pink petals!! :)

lisa cronk

Anonymous said...

She is sooooo adorable.