Oct 15, 2007

Five Crazy Ladies in need of a good Monkey




Well, it's official. I'm in full-time minisry.

Now, let me just go ahead and say that being in full-time ministry may not seem like that big of a deal to some. So be it. Point is, I get to say that sentence now. And I am getting as much mileage out of it as I can.

So when David asks why I haven't cooked since God was a boy I just say, "David, sheesh. Can you give me a break? I'm in full-time ministry now."

Or when I drop Remi off at the church nursery with nothing but a diaper bag containing 48 cents and a tampon I just sheepishly smile and whip out the ol', "Sorry ladies, I've just been swamped being in full-time ministry and all."

Yeah, it's a hard job. But somebodies gotta do it.

I am however, thrilled to announce to you the officail ministry team of "THE CRAZY MONKEY LADIES." (Go ahead and get your laughing over and done with so we can move on to some really serious ministry. 'Kay??) I kid.

Rhonda Brady, Kate Watkins, Stacey Jagger, Terra Tucker and I have joined together in ministry and I am really excited. When you hear people refer to a "God thing" - this is what their talking about. Rhonda Brady is a precious friend who I have much in common with and a deep love for. Her and I were called to a secret lunch one day. We had no idea who would be there or what it would be about. All we new is that it was a nice resteraunt, the food was free and Rhonda had a new hair-do to show off so of course we agreed to go. When we arrived at the table (late as usual) I saw Kate Watkins who was a friend from church, Terra Tucker who I also knew from church but did not know her very well, and then I saw Stacey Jagger who was one of my best friends during my college days but I had not laid eyes on her since 1998! Our mouths dropped, we hugged, and we wondered what in the world was going on. We had been called together by a wonderful, and trusted, man at our church Larry Watkins who said God had given him a vision for this group - and we were the women he saw in the vision. We had so many questions but Larry assured us that whether or not we did anything with the vision was up to us, it was all up to us now. He cast the vision. And he left it in our hands.

Six months later and here we are.
A couple of Bible teachers, a worship leader, an Actress and an Artist.
And we truly couldn't be more excited.

There are a few things in life that I know...
  1. I was created to lead in worship. That I know.
  2. I have a testimony to tell; my story - His glory, right?. That I am sure of.
  3. And I will be in disobediance if I don't finish the book I have started and stopped ten times now. I am sure of that.
But when I think of getting to do all of that, while on the road, and with friends???
What in the world could be better than that?

If you would like the Crazy Monkey Ladies to come to your church - well, guess what? We would too! So just leave me a comment with your info.

But if you would like to know why we have chosen such a silly name. Well, of that I cannot be much help. Names are hard to come up with.
Some are too edgy (Mosaic, Destiny, Sho-kinda-glory...don't ask).
Some go too southern gospel before you know it (Spirit led, Vision).
And some are already taken (Women of Faith).

So leave it to the son of one our members to come up with the only name that he saw that truly fit us - Crazy Monkey Ladies. Kids, they callz 'em as theys seez 'em.

So we are...

The Crazy Monkey Ladies
Refreshingly Unique: Surprisingly Sane
1 Cor. 2:16, "For we have the mind of Christ..."

Coming soon to a town near you!






No comments: