May 25, 2011

I Know Very Few Things.

Today was a different kind of day.

I knew that it was the last day of the school year. Oh sure, I go tomorrow and watch Remi "graduate" from 4K into Kindergarten, but that doesn't count. Today was the last school day that started at 8am and ended at 3pm. So it was the last day of down time.......for me.

What to do? What to do?

And as I sat and thought about what to do on my last day of personal freedom I realized something....

Some things never change. And some things change drastically.

There really is no definitive. Some things change. Some things don't.

What changes?
The season I'm in. I've never been in this one before. Its new. Its shaky. At times its terrifying. At times its hope-filled.

What never changes?
Whom I put my hope in.

What changes?
My prayer life. Like anyone with a pulse, my prayer life goes from good to great depending on my season. Depending on my need. Depending on my urgency. I am wishy-washy. I am like the wind. I wonder if He gets as sick of me as I get of myself.

What never changes?
Who I cry out to. It has always been Him. It always will be.

What changes?
My family. They grow. They get older. My babies get bigger and The AG finds grey hairs. They drink chocolate milk and suddenly desire Coke. He used to take me to movies, now he takes me to Little League games. We grow and adjust and shift and....change.

What never changes?
My need for my "home" to be in order. I found myself on my last day of sweet freedom, dusting, vacuuming, Cloroxing the counter tops and folding the laundry. I may be a mess but my house must still feel like a home.

I picked Remi up from school today and just like every single day she says, "So mama, what do you want to talk about?" And I said, "You know what never changes Remi?" And my desire was to talk to her about God and His sweet faithfulness, but I figured it too much for a 5 year old wearing a Super Woman cape.

And sweetly she answered, "Yep. The fact that you can't put a collar on a snake."

Some things never change.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

You can't out logic a nearly kindergartner

Andi said...

Where do kids come up with this stuff? I love it!

Sissy said...

Love it!

And where is my Bachelorette recap?

Stretch Marks Creams Reviews said...

Great stuff. I'll be sending you some extra visitors from my site.

Unknown said...


Great info shared. Also, I got a treatment done. It is the best oil for stretch marks in Mumbai and it did wonders to my skin. xoxo