Sep 6, 2010

Love Is...


Knowing there's nothing to be embarrassed about for being two. All two year olds love Mickey. In fact, Mickey rocks.



Knowing that your family cooked a feast of your favorite things: Hot dogs, grilled corn, cheese dip, watermelon and Nonie's chocolate chip cookies. It's also knowing that they ate it because I love it, even though it gave some of them heartburn.




Knowing that your mom knows exactly what a two year old boy wants. So she gets it. And even pays for it to be overnighted. And when she says things like - "I will never pay that much money to stupid ol' Wal-Mart again" - to dad, when she doesn't think I'm listening, we both know she will.






Knowing that since its a Mickey themed birthday and I'm the guest of honor that I have to wear these ridiculous ears.....






...while she gets to wear this. And look adorable. And I don't even care. Cuz she's my sissy. And I love her. Tiara and all.





And its knowing that when they start to sing the Happy Birthday song, and I get a little timid, that instead of stuffing my hands in my pockets I can hold on to my mom. Because my hand still fits perfectly on her.



3 comments:

KellyRose said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday Rocco! Graham NEEDS to know what that fun contraption is you have there. He would totally love it when he turns 2!

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday Rocco. Hope you had a good day.

Sissy said...

I can't believe Rocco is two! It seems like such a long time ago that you brought him home! Yay, Rocco.